Terms of Service for Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Your mobile phone number (MSISDN) will be used, and will be collected by Yahoo!, during the transmission of text messages through the Yahoo! Messenger for SMS service.
- A standard fee (subject to any applicable promotional rates) will be charged to your mobile phone bill (or deducted from your pre-paid account, if you are a pre-paid subscriber) for each SMS sent from your mobile phone number.
- You remain solely responsible for all content originating from you or your mobile phone and transmitted via the Yahoo! Messenger for SMS service ("Content"), and you accordingly indemnify Yahoo! and your carrier against all costs, loss, damage or third party claims arising from or relating to your Content or your use of the Yahoo! Messenger for SMS service or due to your actions, omissions or negligence.
- Neither Yahoo! nor your carrier will be liable for any costs, loss or damage (whether direct or indirect), or for loss of revenue, loss of profits or loss of opportunity, or for any consequential loss, whatsoever arising from or in connection with your use of the Yahoo! Messenger for SMS service.
- Yahoo! and your carrier do not make, and Yahoo! and your carrier hereby specifically disclaim, any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Yahoo! Messenger for SMS service. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing Yahoo! and your carrier specifically disclaim any and all implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, satisfactory quality, title and non-infringement, and Yahoo! and your carrier do not represent or warrant that the provision of the Yahoo! Messenger for SMS service shall be error free, uninterrupted or virus free.
- neither Yahoo! nor your carrier shall have any liability whatsoever for any failure or delay in the Yahoo! Messenger for SMS service resulting directly or indirectly from any governmental action, fire, flood, insurrection, earthquake, power failure, riot, terrorist act, explosion, strikes whether legal or illegal, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption, work slowdown, or any other condition beyond the control of Yahoo! or your carrier.
In the event that these Additional Terms of Service are translated into other languages and there is a discrepancy between the two language versions, the English language version shall prevail to the extent that such discrepancy is the result of an error in translation.